Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Stirring the Waters
My passion has always been driven towards making an impact in the lives of humanity; from my days as an undergraduate I joined an organization that gave the opportunity to explore my potentials while impacting lives in the process. This organization is known as AIESEC.
    The time of Youth Service came and one goal was set aside which was basically to make an impact wherever that I found myself to be, whether in the camp or during the months of working at my Place of primary Assignment.
  On getting to Osogbo, which wasn’t a first time, my mind toured back to a particular community of interest – Olugun community. A friend of mine by the name Josh (Amazing guy) who had served in Osogbo at a certain time was a member of AIESEC while we were in school. He had started out a project in that same community which consist of Skill training for the youths (hairdressing, tailoring etc) and opportunity presented itself to me; being posted to Osogbo and I met the chief of the community. Chief Kayode Esuleke, a very interesting fellow who upon your first chance meeting would think he was quaint, proved very resourceful and offered all the necessary support that I required getting every aspect of the project on track and running in due course as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment