Tuesday, 24 May 2016

MEETING THE WHO’S AND WHO’S



MEETING THE WHO’S AND WHO’S
Remember the time when we got to final year and we started the journey of establishing and getting a project done in other to prove to the board of examiners that we were fit to be awarded that degree that just came in letters, meaning the B.Eng, B.Sc, B.A etc?
Well, I got to that bridge to which I had two choices, blowing it up or pretending the bridge didn’t exist in the first place and just turn right back. Getting the project to be approved was a huge task. The NYSC officials in charge more or less stalled the progress work of the project as I kept being dangled on a very thin thread. Bureaucracy was the order of the day and I thought to myself if this scheme was indeed interested in ensuring that the youth harness the platform we have been given to foster selfless service to humanity.
Amidst the hurdles, my project was approved January 2016, from the date of September 2015 that the proposal was submitted. Stepping out into the waters with both feet in, I didn’t care if I was going to sink but rather believed that I would swim. One of the hurdles I had to jump was the current economic crises that seemed to choke businesses, government Parastatals and individuals. Submitting the letters gave me the opportunity to know what it was like to face rejection and still hold your head high and smiling in the process.
However, I met some spirited individuals who were very encouraging and helpful in their little which contributed to the success of the project. The drive to do something tangible came from an inside force and not from outside elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment