Wednesday, 25 May 2016

THE INVISIBLE TEAM

THE INVISIBLE TEAM
Every coach needs an opportunity to express his mentorship skills into the lives of people and these people need to function together rightly to achieve their desired goal. For a project such as this, though termed personal community development service, I needed a team of top gamers to achieve the purpose to which the project was initiated. I call them the invisible team, not seen but heard. Heard, in terms of what they put in to produce lasting results and impressions.
Meet ALIMA ABEBEFE
    She is the Creative Director of Xtraordinale, her craft company. Gifted with her hands and passionate about helping, putting her best to the task, she speaks Yoruba language fluently making it very easy for her to work with the indigenes of the community and she was very happy to give her best in time, skills  and materials. She taught the bead making class and it was an intensive practical one she is indeed Xtraordinale.

Meet AMINAT UTUNU
Aminat is someone when you look at her at first glance you will know she is a staunch Muslim who is very particular about her Hijab which was a very long one for that matter. How I got her to be part of the project still amazes me, but it beats me that we still have individuals who would do anything to foster a great course. She is one of the few good corps members that I had met during the service year, despite her religion which I found to be very interesting. She is particular about social issues; we both gave the sensitization lecture in the community on Lassa fever and U-report. She was the English lesson teacher and was very fond with the children. In her own words, she said thanks for giving her the opportunity to impact lives and yes, she told me not to take a picture of her.

Meet BUNMI ADEBOWALE
   My neighbor as I will always call her, when I told her what I wanted to do and the challenges I was facing she went all out, she gave me some contacts and showed large interest in the project. Not to blow her horn but she is a professional makeup artist and she has a lot under her sleeve. She took her time to train the participants on make-up and different type, and gele-tying. She even came with her personal kit and accessories. Her smiles and gleeful expressions communicated to me especially in times when I felt the chips where down that everything will be alright.


Meet SAMUEL USORO
Amidst the teasing and the yabbing, the only Otondo - My name sake and my guy I say really performed his duties as the rugged mid-fielder that absorbed the pressures during the course of this project. He multi-tasked as the Cameraman and Mr. Logistics at the same time - truly one of a kind and my back patter (In the words of Timon “when the going gets tough, the tough gets going”. Words cannot describe his importance in the actualization of this project. Thumbs up, my guy!!



Meet RACHAEL WANOGHO

Hmm, Rachael. I really do not know how to start this but you know that special someone- Yeah, that’s Rachael. As I write this, I remember the days we will walk from offices to offices, shop to shop, banks, meeting people, explaining the reasons why we are doing what we are doing - seeking sponsorship. Apparently, she also did a personal project so she could easily relate with what I was going through. Countless time we went back to the drawing board, planning, thinking, re-strategizing especially when there was no inspiration and drive. She was there, when there was no fund and all doors seem shut; she was there, under the sun and rain she was there. When I needed prayers and encouragement she was there. yes, she is special like that and as I write this I’m doing this with a thousand smiles on my face and gladness in my heart and I’m thanking God I met someone like her. because she was a motivation

No comments:

Post a Comment